She had decided it was okay to say, “Bye-bye,” to someone who didn’t make her feel good about herself. – Queenisms™
This might be the hardest message of all. Sometimes it is better to walk away from a friendship or relationship that does not uplift and support you than to stay and try to work it out. This often feels like failure and it’s hard to tell how much effort is worthwhile and when that effort tips over into self-destructive behavior.
- Questions to ask yourself might be:
- How do I feel when I’m with this person?
- Do I look forward to spending time with this person?
- Am I able to uplift and support this person and do I get that in return from them?
- Is my emotional or physical energy depleted or renewed by spending time with this person?
It is never easy to say bye bye. But we’d like to pose the notion that the space occupied by an unsatisfying relationship might be the exact space needed to welcome a truly fulfilling one.